Latest Press Releases
All Press Releases…
- President’s Message Labour Day - August 30, 2013 Dear Members, Where did the summer go? Labour Day is nearly upon us and ACTRA branches across the country are participating in Labour Day parades, picnics and other festivities. Join us! Click here for information about what’s happening in your neck of the woods. This September 2 the Canadian Labour Congress is launching their “Fairness Works” campaign [...]
- ACTRA Talks TV - For Your Consideration…. ACTRA Talks TV * Background – What is “Let’s Talk TV” * Why YOU need to speak up! * Some points to consider * What can I say about Progamming? * What can I say about Technology? What is “Let’s talk TV”? The Canadian Radio-television Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) is asking [...]
- ACTRA calls on the Government to consult with Canadian creators, in response to Throne Speech - ACTRA is reaching out to the Canadian Government, following today’s Speech from the Throne, to work closely with the creative sector in their consultation and implementation of plans to unbundle television channels.
- Canadian Performers Lobby MPs on The Hill - This week Canadian performers from ACTRA are urging the federal government to recognize and fuel our $20.4 billion film and TV industry. “We’re meeting with MPs to discuss the role that our industry plays as part of the big picture,” said Ferne Downey, ACTRA National President.
- CRTC-Let’s Talk TV - Let’s Talk TV The CRTC wants to “talk TV” with Canadians and ACTRA wants YOU, our members, to be part of the conversation. Here’s how: Join the CRTC’s online forum on Programming Send an email to the CRTC Hold a ‘flash conference’ Check out ACTRA’s “For Your Consideration” for help in making your points. [...]
- ACTRA’s letter to the Honourable Shelly Glover, new Minister of Canadian Heritage - On behalf of the Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists (ACTRA), I
would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your recent appointment as
Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages, and welcome you to your
exciting new post.
Why work ACTRA? Click here to find out.