November 1, 2013
Dear ACTRA members,
Democracy is breaking out all over the place. As an ACTRA member, it’s a wonderful time for all of us to be actively involved with our union and our industry. First up, please be aware that several ACTRA branches across the country are holding elections. Keep an eye on your inbox and make sure that you vote for the candidates you want to represent you.
Also, it’s time to Speak Up for Canadian TV. Our Canadian film, television and digital media industry needs you. The CRTC is asking Canadians to weigh in on the future of television, and that’s where YOU come in.
As creators AND consumers of content, our voice needs to be heard in the CRTC’s “Let’s Talk TV” consultations. We’re encouraging members to speak out and our message is simple: More Canada on Our Screens. We want to see Canadian stories on all our screens, big, small and mobile. We’ve posted some background and key points on our website, to help you answer the CRTC’s questions. Their consultation deadline for input is November 22 so we are hoping you can link here soon to submit your opinions.
Here’s how: 1) link here to join the online discussion forum on Programming, 2) email the CRTC; 3) express your opinion through social media (use #LetsTalkTV and #CRTC on Twitter); or 4) hold a ‘flash conference‘!
In closing, I encourage you to please check the dates for your branch elections and vote. And let’s not miss this exciting opportunity to lend our voice to the call for More Canada on Our Screens.
ACTRA National President
Archives of President’s Messages
- August 30, 2013 – “Labour Day”
- June 19, 2013 – “Hands off the CBC”
- April 22, 2013 – United. Coast to coast… to coast
- February 1, 2013 – Moving fast forward in 2013!
- December 3, 2012 – New Independent Production Deal
- September 24, 2012 – FIA Congress
- September, 2012 – Labour Day
- July, 2012 – Performers United
- January, 2012 – Passion for Collective Bargaining United we stand; divided we beg
- September, 2011 – Labour Day Message
- July, 2011 – Member-Activists Stepping Up
- February, 2011 – Standing Tall Down Under
- January, 2011 – Fast Forward
- September, 2010 – Adaptability
- June, 2010 – President’s Video Message (video)
- June, 2010 – The Future is Yesterday
- April, 2010 – CRTC TV Policy: the new score – Cancon: 2; Broadcasters: 3
- March, 2010 – COURAGE – who has it, who wants it and who needs it
- February, 2010 – President’s Video Message (video)
- December, 2009 – Our TV: The fight of the decade
- November, 2009 – Our TV
- October 1, 2009 – President’s Video Message (video)
- August 25, 2009 – Blame greed for your cable bill blues
- August 2009 – Common Cause
- June 2009 – Fuelled with Optimism and Dreaming Big