ACTRA RACS (Recording Artists’ Collecting Society)
Location: Toronto, ON
Company URL: http://www.actra.ca/racs
ACTRA RACS, a division of ACTRA Performers’ Rights Society (APRS), is a not-for-profit organization that administers royalties owed to recording artists.
ACTRA RACS has an opening for a one-year contract Administrator position. The Administrator reports to and works under the direction of the Director, APRS or her designate.
- Administration of royalties collected and distributed by ACTRA RACS.
- Ensure all paperwork is in place and coordinate with the Finance department to prepare for royalty distributions.
- Ensure accuracy of payments to recording artists.
- Provide information and answer inquiries from recording artists and their representatives regarding the royalty process (e.g. eligibility requirements, registration, international collections, distribution schedules).
- Complete artist registrations and ensure accuracy and completeness of artist information, including registration forms, repertoire, direct deposit information, and tax forms.
- Initiate correspondence with artists and their representatives when necessary.
- Research lineup information on recordings.
- Other related duties and projects generally considered to be within the job category.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and research skills
- Strong communication and public relations skills
- Knowledge of the music industry and Copyright legislation relating to Neighbouring Rights
- Aptitude for working with numbers
- Detail oriented
- Ability to input accurate information in the database
- Computer literate in the Microsoft Office group of programs (MS Word, Excel, Access)
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
Please submit your resume with cover letter no later than July 7, 2017 to:
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries please.