ACTRA PRS launched direct deposit in 2010 for Use fee payments to reduce the costs associated with issuing and mailing paper cheques. Paper cheques are now only issued once per year in December. Effective in the December 2017 cheque run, ACTRA PRS only issues cheques to performers who have accumulated at least CAD $20 net in Use fees.
Payment policy details:
- Performers who have registered for direct deposit at a bank in Canada will continue to receive Use fee payments throughout the year as they become available (i.e. your Use fee payments via direct deposit will not be affected by this minimum amount for cheques).
- Performers who have not registered for direct deposit will receive a cheque at the end of the calendar year only if their net Use fee payments are equal to or greater than CAD $20. Amounts under $20 will be held until:
- the performer registers to receive their Use fee payments via direct deposit in which case the performer will be paid in the next scheduled distribution; or
- the end of the calendar year in which the accumulated net Use fee payments are equal to or greater than CAD $20.
- All performers are encouraged to register for ACTRA PRS direct deposit to avoid any delay in payment.