We acknowledge that we live, work, meet and travel on the traditional territories of Indigenous Peoples that have cared for this land, now called Canada, since time immemorial. These lands are either subject to First Nations self-government under modern treaty, unceded and un-surrendered territories, or traditional territories from which First Nations, Métis and Inuit Peoples have been displaced.
We must seek to work toward redressing the injustices from which Settlers of this land have benefited, and encourage all ACTRA members and ACTRA Signatories to:
- Learn more about the land in which you are located, by visiting Native Land Digital;
- Learn more about Reconciliation through Indigenous Education by taking the free courses offered by the University of British Columbia and University of Alberta;
- Support the ongoing efforts of Indigenous-led organizations such as the Indigenous Screen Office, Weengushk and ImagineNATIVE;
- Read On Screen Protocols & Pathways: A Media Production Guide to Working with First Nations, Metis and Inuit Communities, Cultures, Concepts and Stories;
- Read the Final Report and Calls to Justice from the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls;
- Read the 94 Calls to Action and other reports published by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission; and
- Urge your local government to follow through on the commitments they have expressed in fulfilling the Calls to Action and Calls to Justice.