HAVEN Helpline & LifeWorks
HAVEN Helpline is a counselling and support service. If you are in immediate danger, please call 911.
Harassment and Violence Emergency Network
A national, bilingual critical incident reporting line available to members of ACTRA and the Directors Guild of Canada (DGC).
- 24/7 bilingual critical incident reporting line
- Confidential counselling services
- Professional support staff available through Morneau Shepell
- Incident report will be forwarded to the union for follow up with member’s permission
HAVEN Helpline is operated by Morneau Shepell, the leading provider of assistance programs in Canada specializing in providing mental, physical, social and financial well-being support services. When you call, you will be auto-prompted to select: your union affiliation, your Branch, and the reason for your call. You will then be transferred to a professional support staff person who will ask you to provide:
- Your contact information (name, phone and/or email);
- The province in which the incident took place;
- Name of the production where the incident took place;
- Brief outline of what happened.
With your permission, your information will be forwarded to the appropriate ACTRA branch office. You can expect a union representative to contact you before the end of the next business day. During your call, you can be immediately referred to counselling or set up a counselling appointment for a later date.
- Morneau Shepell’s LifeWorks app offers web chat, total well-being resources and special retail discounts.
- Lifeworks can be accessed through the web or by downloading the free app available in both the Apple App Store and Google Play store.
- If you did not receive the email from ACTRA inviting you to join LifeWorks, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your log-in details.
Enhanced Member services during COVID-19 health crisis
With many thanks to AFBS, we are pleased to announce enhanced services available to ACTRA members through HAVEN Helpline and the LifeWorks app or social media platform during this COVID-19 pandemic:
Emergency Financial Support
Financial counselling support is included in the Member Assistance Program (MAP) and an alert was added to the HAVEN Helpline, directing members needing emergency financial aid to contact The AFC (at 1-877-399-8392).
Online counselling support
Short-term assistance is available to help members in this challenging time.
Support through LifeWorks by Morneau Shepell
COVID-19 information, resources and videos are available the LifeWorks platform. We’ve also included some helpful videos and webinars below to help you navigate through this difficult time.
What is the novel coronavirus? (10 minutes)
Webinar: Emotional Well-Being During the COVID-19 Pandemic (25 minutes)
Webinar: Talking to your child about Covid-19 (25 minutes)
Well-being Wednesdays (via Facebook Live)
Visit the LifeWorks Facebook page to join Well-being Wednesdays! Weekly topics include mental, physical, social and financial well-being. Recordings of past sessions will also be saved to the Facebook page.
Created by Morneau Shepell, WellCan™ is a free collection of digital resources to support the mental health of all Canadians during COVID-19. Through the growing collaboration of organizations, WellCan™ addresses challenges brought on by COVID-19 through an extensive database of information. There are a number of toolkits, articles, tips and infographics available on the WellCan app. The free app is available on Apple and Android devices. For desktop access, visit wellcan.ca
Mental Health Awareness Month
May is Mental Health Awareness Month. To help bring awareness to this important aspect of total well-being, Morneau Shepell launched a new microsite, A stable mindset in an unstable world, within its LifeWorks platform (you must be logged in to LifeWorks to access this page).
Through videos, infographics and articles, the microsite explores:
- What is Headline Stress Disorder?
- How to protect your mental health while staying informed
- Real-life tips to manage anxiety
- And more!
HAVEN Helpline is available for situations related to workplace harassment, violence and emergencies.
Examples of emergency situations include:
- harassment, bullying or violence;
- young performers working more than eight hours a day (under 12 years for the IPA; under 12 years and without permission for the NCA);
- unscheduled stunts or dangerous situations where stunt performers are not being used;
- unscripted nudity or sexual situations not outlined in a performer's contract; and
- working conditions where there is an immediate risk to health and/or safety.
For non-emergency situations, please call your branch.
Examples of non-emergency situations include:
- Upgrades, Cancellations, Postponements and Other Violations
- Getting Paid
- Signing Out
Feedback about HAVEN Helpline can be directed to email@example.com.
HAVEN Helpline is available to ACTRA and DGC members with the assistance of: