HAVEN Helpline & Telus Health (Formerly Lifeworks)
HAVEN Helpline is a counselling and support service. If you are in immediate danger, please call 911.
Harassment, Anti-racism and Violence Emergency Network
A national, bilingual critical incident reporting line available to members of ACTRA (excluding UBCP/ACTRA members*), Canadian Actors’ Equity Association and the Directors Guild of Canada (DGC).
- 24/7 bilingual critical incident reporting line
- Confidential counselling services*
- Professional support staff available through Telus Health (formerly LifeWorks)
- Incident report will be forwarded to the union for follow up with member’s permission
- In-person counselling with an ASL fluent counsellor or with an ASL interpreter present. (Please note, in-person counselling may not be available due to the COVID-19 health pandemic.)
- Text-based modalities (chat, MyMigo, E-Counselling)
- If both options above do not work, arrangements can be made for an ASL-fluent Video Counsellor.
- The LifeWorks app offers web chat, total well-being resources and special retail discounts. Users are also able to file an incident report through the app’s First Chat tool.
- Lifeworks can be accessed through the web or by downloading the free app available in both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- If you did not receive the email from ACTRA inviting you to join LifeWorks, please email email@example.com to get your log-in details.
HAVEN Helpline is available for situations related to workplace discrimination, harassment and violence emergencies.
A list of Frequently Asked Questions about HAVEN Helpline are available by clicking on the dropdown questions below. You can also download the PDF by clicking here. Please note, some of the support services outlined below might be impacted due to the COVID-19 health pandemic.
- In-person counselling.
- Counselling over the telephone.
- Support online (via E-counselling or an interactive support program).
- ACTRA Members may request counselling services from someone with shared lived experiences. Telus Health (formerly LifeWorks) will do its best to accommodate such requests.
- Self-directed resource package and tools.
Feedback about HAVEN Helpline can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download our HAVEN Helpline Zoom background
HAVEN Helpline is available to ACTRA, DGC and Equity members with the assistance of:
*UBCP/ACTRA members have access to their own support resources. Click here to learn more.