FAQ for PRS
1. What is the difference between a Prepayment and an Advance?
See “Understanding Your Use Fee Payment”
2. I recently saw a movie/TV show I was in. Am I entitled to any residuals?
Please contact our Sr. Claims Officer:
Kortnee Borden or 416-489-1311 ext 5007
3. How do I change my information
with ACTRA PRS?
Visit the “Have you moved” section of our site
4. I think I am missing a payment what do I do?
Call 416 489-1311 and ask for Patricia Lanca (ext 5022)
5. How do you figure out how to pay each performer?
See our page on “Unit Calculations”
7. Why do I not always get my GST?
We collect GST from Canadian producers but other countries are not required to pay GST.
8. What happens when ACTRA PRS cannot collect reuse fees from the producer?
The terms of the IPA allows PRS to pursue a producer through the formal Grievance procedures, which provides a final ruling on all outstanding payments.