July 13, 2017
Hello ACTRA members,
I wanted to provide you with a quick update on negotiations for the National Commercial Agreement.
As you’ve likely heard, the Engagers – representing commercial agencies and advertisers – walked away from the table on June 28. Tomorrow, we’re heading back into further talks. This time with the help of a professional mediator.
Your bargaining team believes we can find a deal, but we need the Engagers to meet us halfway and show ACTRA members – ACTRA members who make their industry work – the respect that we deserve.
We’re looking for some basic things:
- proper compensation for all ACTRA performers – especially in Digital Media, which is becoming a greater and greater part of the commercial industry;
- simplifying and modernizing the agreement to capture the work that is not currently going to ACTRA performers; and
- improving Health and Safety.
What we don’t want to see, and can’t accept, are proposals that take us backward:
- reducing session fees for certain performers;
- eliminating residuals for other performers; and
- making it easier to replace ACTRA performers with non-union performers or “real” people.
Our incredible bargaining team has been working long and hard and is ready to reach a deal.
We hope that, with the help of a mediator this week, we’ll get one.
Thanks to all ACTRA members for standing strong and staying united and offering their support.
Watch your email for more details.
Together we are stronger.
Thanks for your support.